Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Radio Hit

I know some of you guys just can't get enough of me. Between my damn near daily reports on the Toronto Blue Jays and my frustratingly intermittent blog posts, I'm hoping I've made a few fans, and that at least a handful of them are interested in how I'll spend the off-season.

Well, next week I head to wherever the the National League Championship Series starts for one more week of baseball before the off-season truly begins -- although with a new GM and plenty more changes coming for the Blue Jays I'm not sure how much of an off-season I'll really have. Anyway, I'm pulling for the Dodgers and Rockies because I love L.A. (especially when the rich uncle is paying) and I've never been to Denver, but I've resigned myself to a Cardinals/Phillies NLCS. So Morgan Campbell fans in StL and Philly, look for me next week.

But if folks need their fix now, tune into Hardcore Sports Radio (Sirius, Channel 98), where I'll appear on the The UnderScore with Sarah Meehan this afternoon.

I'm a familiar face at HSR studios, and a regular contributor on Pound for Pound Radio with Jason Abelson.

Doing what I do best, talking trash and talking boxing...but mostly boxing... on Hardcore Sports Radio

But this is my first time on the Sarah, so I'm excited.

As far as I know our we'll start by discussing "Long Shots," an eight-part serial narrative I published in the Star, and the winner of the 2003 National Newspaper Award for Sportswriting. The honour doesn't count for much at the office anymore, but it's nice to know that Sarah still cares.

Beyond that the conversation could head anywhere, and I'm excited to see where it might lead. If you're interested too, tune in today (Wed. Oct. 7, 2009) at 3pm. I should be on the air by about 3:30.

Till then, time to get moving on my day job.




No comments: