Saturday, October 17, 2009

Super Six Saturday!

Woke up this morning with a simple plan:


To jumpstart my metabolism and get back on the road to ripped after two weeks of relative sloth. Part A of the plan consisted of a trip to the gym, and Part B included a couple of hours at Toronto's Salsa Church.


Last time I was there they said the back of my head was so pretty they took a picture of it.


Toronto Salsa Practice
Also pictured, Stacy "SMB" White, the coolest Canadian Hoosier in all of Indiana.


After that, back to the Penthouse to watch the opening rounds of the Super Six World Boxing Classic.


Like I said yesterday, it's a big deal. And like I said yesterday, even at the height of Maple Leaf Madness I managed to get a non-local boxing story into the newspaper.


But sometime this morning, just before tuning into "Thrilla in Manila," (outstanding...we will discuss here soon) I scrolled through the guide and learned that the football team representing my school, the finest academic institution in the Big Ten would kick off against Magic Johnson's alma mater at noon.





Just that quickly my Super Saturday Sweat-a-Thon turned into a Super Saturday of Sloth. 


Ah well.


As long as it's super. It'll be even more super once my Cats smash the Spartans.
Kickoff is in five minutes.


Settling into the couch right about.......


Now.


No comments: